Why Public Transit?
- You get to use the commute time to read, sleep, or work!
- Less Pollution, Cleaner Air
- No Stress and less traffic on the freeway ahead of you to block
the express bus you're riding
- Completely NO TRAFFIC blocking you if you're taking a train!
- Fewer cars on the road, lower probability of accidents!
- Fewer bad drivers on the roads to cause accidents because they are taking the bus.
- Fewer angry/aggressive drivers who drive dangerously because of
- Less road rage and freeway shootings (Endemic probably
only to Los Angeles)
- Pay less money on gasoline
- Less wear and tear on your car
- Lower maintenace and fewer expensive repair jobs!
- You get to use carpool lane for a Faster commute!
- No need for parking, looking for parking, and parking
- Land for parking can be put to better use (Businesses,
- No need for as many streets/space.
- More available land means lower real estate prices
(homes, rents, leases)!
- Better Environment: the air you breath, the scenary you see, less noise from cars, less oil deposits on the roadways.
- You can get more EXERCISE!
Stop spending big bucks to the gym!
- Views of the mountains and ocean.
- Less wear and tear on the highways
- More traffic (people) gets through the streets (higher
- Lower taxes (potentially, get legislation to return
- Lower car insurance (Get legislator to draft bill)
- Increased revenue for Transit Operators
- Reduced tax subsidies for transit.
- When revenues exceed costs, subsidies can be eliminated!
(Which means lower taxes!)
- The more people use it, the better it gets!
- No need to get an additional car, or you can even lose
the car you already have!
- More life on the streets, instead of the boring strip
malls or large parking lots, or the wall of a
Electronic mail address
Click Contact Us to the left.
Copyright &2000-9, SmartCommute.net
Last revised: .